Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Andy & Liv's Wedding!






























This past Saturday was the most hot weather I've ever worked in, and I realized that if I can survive the heat of the day and get photos like this, then I can do anything!
Andy and Liv's wedding took place on University of Maryland's campus in College Park. They both met during college and couldn't think of a better place to have their wedding. Liv actually works there now, and they share an apartment on campus, which made everything very convenient.
Their day began as Liv got into her beautiful dress at a nearby hotel and Andy walked from their on campus apartment to the West Chapel with his groomsmen. I took a few portraits of them before the ceremony separate, but I could really tell a difference in their smiles and nerves after the ceremony. They were simply beaming after they were announced as husband and wife :) I love the shot of them coming out of the chapel and kissing...it really captures them! (thanks, mom!!!*)
After the ceremony, we took all of their family photos in the chapel and then quickly did a few portraits of the two of them and a few bridal party photos. Then, we headed to Mulligan's at the University Golf Course for the reception, which was so nice & relaxing. They had a beautiful black and white dance floor with purple clothed tables surrounding the glass room. Along with champagne toasts and a sweet bridal party dance to include their friends, the newlyweds cut the most delicious wedding cake I think I've ever had (and yes, I did get a piece of cake!)
Since their reception was over around 5:30pm, it made for the perfect time of day to capture some more relaxed photos of Liv and Andy and their bridal party around the campus. I loved having so much time to create some stunning images of them and their close friends together at a place that means so much to them. I think my favorite fun shots after the reception had to be at the big "M" flower emblem at the entrance of the campus, where I stood on the roof of my mom's car to capture some great school spirit shots!
Liv and Andy, I know you've been patiently waiting these highlight photos. I hope they were worth the wait, and I hope you have an amazing time on your cruise. Can't wait to hear all about it when you return! Thank you for letting me run you all around campus for these photos...it was great to know you trusted me and wanted me to "go nuts" to get some great shots for you!!!

5 comments:

Longhorn in Spain said...

These shots are absolutely breathtaking. I can not wait to see even more!

-Natasha

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love these!

Unknown said...

Great pictures, as always!

Unknown said...

I really had no idea what my name would show up as...

unknowngalaxy = Alex

Anonymous said...

I love these soooooooooo much. I can't stop looking at them!