Friday, March 23, 2012

The Fix















“In order to change the statistics, we must do it together. The minute you make friends, everything changes.”

It was a photography workshop. But this one was different – welcoming, non-threatening, fun and lively. And everyone was eager to meet, exchange business cards, information, and learn from each other. She made it that way - Jasmine Star. With her amazing crew & a beautiful (but hot) venue (there was no AC!) my idol, J* spoke about growing your business… making friends in the industry…making changes… and assured us that we should not be afraid to be uncomfortable as those changes occur.

I’ve been following Jasmine’s blog for years, and I drooled over her beautiful imagery – thinking it was so far advanced and gorgeous, that I couldn’t really reach her level. But once I really started examining her imagery and taking in all of her suggestions and information, I started seeing amazing changes in my own photography. I was learning from her style and pulling ideas from her that worked for creating a look for my own photography and my own style.

I’m still working on that, and I still have a lot to learn. But this workshop was, by far, the best experience of my photographic career. I’m so glad I signed up for it…even without knowing what it was about or what to expect. But I came out of it with so much more than any other workshop has taught me. My work has improved since then, and I’m motivated to take my business to the next step. And for that, I’m forever grateful.

More images can be seen HERE

No comments: