Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mini Reunion at Washington College





My amazing husband, Matt, was asked by his former Environmental Science professor to speak at a lecture series for Washington College this past week. We decided to make it a mini vacation, and headed to Chestertown, MD to spend some time walking around campus and the small town before dinner and the lecture. We also met up with Matt's friends from college who supported him and grabbed breakfast and lunch at their favorite restaurants before heading home the next day.
The college gave us great accommodations at their on campus historic house. It was such a nice treat to be on such a small campus. I'm so used to Towson, which is a pretty large campus, and Washington College is so close-knit and has a different feel to it. We also toured a lot of the new buildings that had been built since they were at school. (And of course, I took some photos!)
Matt did a great job at the lecture. He was so confident and prepared. I hope one day I'll be able to host a lecture as well on my expertise. It definitely was a great experience and trip!

No comments: