Monday, March 26, 2012

The Office Cubicle Challenge



I've been thinking of ways to incorporate my work at Towson into my blog, so that I can try to post more of my work. Even though it doesn't have to do with my freelance business, this is what I do every day, and I know that the experience I have at my "day job" is transferred into my work for my freelance jobs as well.
I've started a new category on my blog for tutorials/how-to posts about how I take some of the photos. I'm also trying to include photos of the lighting/equipment I use for each shot.
This image was taken for an upcoming website story about a student's schedule. He works in my office, so one of the photos on the list was to take a photo of him at his desk.
I'm always uninspired by the "sit at the desk shots," so I tried to come up with something new and shot from a very different angle (standing on a ladder in the hallway). I used a blue gel on a small flash and put it behind the computer monitor to illuminate his face without casting much light onto the background. I didn't want to pick up any of the awful florescent lights in the shot!
Camera Info: 1/60 sec. at F2.8; ISO: 800
Flash Info: SB900 set at 1/128 & 1/164 sec.
So, what do you think? Do you like the new category? Want to see more How-To posts?

1 comment:

Ana Isabel said...

Yes please!! I think it's great to see how everyone else takes their photos and what they do to get certain effects!